Free-Standing 18x16 Pergola Kit (for 4x4 Wood Posts)
Included in this Freestanding Pergola Kit:
- 9x base brackets (for 4x4" wood)
- 4x 3-arm post brackets (for 4x4" wood)
- 4x 4-arm post brackets (for 4x4" wood)
- 1x 5-arm post bracket (for 4x4" wood)
- 1.5" pan (round) #12 self-tapping stainless steel wood screws (with accompanying hinged, black screw caps) for securing wood into brackets
- Complimentary 1-inch and 6-inch drill bits
Please note that while this product page features a 18-foot by 16-foot free-standing pergola, the components included in this pergola kit will accommodate any stand-alone pergola ranging from 13-24 feet wide by 13-24 feet deep. Wood posts not included.
Click here to see optional add-ons such as roofs/rafters, privacy walls, side railings, and corner supports.
Want a Larger 6x6 Frame?
Click here to see this exact same pergola kit with a larger frame for 6x6" wood posts (instead of 4x4" wood posts).
About Our Steel Brackets:
- 14-gauge steel (approximately 2mm thick)
- Laser-cut, bent and welded
- Advanced weather coating technology to withstand extreme weather conditions
- Pre-drilled holes for securing wood and accessories to brackets
- Includes 1.5" pan (round) #12 self-tapping stainless steel wood screws (with accompanying hinged black screw caps) for securing wood into brackets
- Backed by our 5-year limited warranty
Need help ordering?
What's Not Included?
Wood. Wood is a) very expensive to ship and b) readily available to most people at local home improvement and building supply stores. By buying your wood locally, you also have more options on the exact type of wood you'd like that is appropriate for your area's climate.
Anchoring Hardware. While this pergola kit does include stainless steel wood screws for securing 4x4" wood posts into the brackets, it does not include anchoring hardware for securing the base brackets into a secure base (i.e. cement pad, deck, landscape toppers, concrete footing, etc.). This is because the anchoring hardware you need will vary based on a) what type of material you're going into and b) local building codes.
Roofs, Privacy Walls, Other Add-Ons
Assembling a Zen Pergola is quite easy (even for novices) and only requires basic tools. Following these simple instructions, it should only take 1-2 hours for you and a helper or two to assemble your pergola.
We stand behind our products! We will gladly replace any bracket that breaks, cracks, chips or corrodes within 5 years of purchase. Read more about our 5-year limited warranty.
Click here to learn about splitting your purchase up into 4 interest-free payments OR financing your order over up to 36 months.