Attached Pergola Kit for 4x4 Wood Posts (Any Size Up to 24' x 24') - With 4x4 Square Roof Rafters (Far Spacing)
About this Pergola Kit Configuration:
- Type: Attached to house (see the free-standing version of this kit)
- Bracket size: 4x4 (see the larger 6x6 version of this kit)
- Roof style: Square posts (see this same kit with an inline, traditional, or angled slats roof)
- Privacy wall(s): None (see this same kit with 1 or 2 privacy walls)
- Rafter spacing: Far (see this same kit with medium or close rafter spacing)
Want something completely different? Use our easy design tool to create your own pergola configuration.
Included in this Kit for a Backyard Pergola Attached to House:
- 6x base brackets (for 4x4 wood)
- 3x wall-mount brackets (for 4x4 wood)
- 2x 3-arm post brackets (for 4x4 wood)
- 3x 4-arm post brackets (for 4x4 wood)
- 1x 5-arm post bracket (for 4x4 wood)
- 32x 4x4 insert brackets for 16 roof rafters (4x4 wood)
- Stainless steel screws (1.5-inch #10 self-tapping wood screws with pan/round head painted black) for securing wood into brackets
- NOTE: Wood (lumber) and anchoring hardware for securing the base brackets and wall-mount brackets are NOT included and will need to be purchased locally
This bracket kit will accommodate any backyard pergola attached to house ranging from 13-24 feet wide (attached to the house) by 13-24 feet deep (out from the house). The pergola does not need to be the exact dimensions shown in the images on this page.
The DIY-friendly kit includes 32 4x4 insert brackets. While the intent is that all 32 of these brackets will be used to add 4 roof rafters to each of the 4 roof sections (12' span each with far slat spacing), you can use the brackets any way you'd like (i.e. adding a privacy wall or half/partial wall, adding a side railing, increasing the number of slats in a roof/wall section, etc.). You can also purchase additional 4x4 insert brackets here.
Want a Larger 6x6 Frame?
Click here to see this same bracket/hardware kit for a backyard pergola attached to house but for larger 6x6 wood posts and 6x6 roof rafters (instead of 4x4 wood posts and 4x4 roof rafters).
About Our Steel 4x4 Pergola Brackets:
- 14-gauge steel (approximately 2mm thick)
- Laser-cut, bent and welded
- Advanced weather coating technology to withstand extreme weather conditions
- Pre-drilled holes for securing wood and accessories to brackets
- Made for dressed lumber commonly called 4x4s (actual dimensions are 3.5" x 3.5")
- Includes stainless steel screws (1.5-inch #10 self-tapping wood screws with pan/round head painted black) for securing wood into brackets
- Reduces your pergola build time by as much as 75%
- Backed by our 5-year warranty
- Shipped directly to your doorstep from Boise, Idaho
Need help ordering?
What's Not Included?
Wood. Wood is a) very expensive to ship and b) readily available to most people at local home improvement and building supply stores. By buying your wood locally, you also have more options on the exact type of wood you'd like that is appropriate for your area's climate.
Anchoring Hardware. While this pergola kit does include stainless steel wood screws for securing 4x4" wood posts (and 2x4" wood slats) into the brackets, it does not include anchoring hardware for securing the base brackets into a secure base (i.e. cement pad, deck, landscape toppers, concrete footing, etc.) or the wall-mount brackets into your home. This is because the anchoring hardware you need will vary based on a) what type of material you're going into and b) local building codes.
Required Lumber & Estimated Total Cost
Assembling a Zen Pergola is quite easy (even for novices) and only requires basic tools. Following these simple instructions, it should only take 2-4 hours for you and a helper to assemble your pergola.
We stand behind our products! We will gladly replace any bracket that breaks, cracks, chips or corrodes within 5 years of purchase. Read more about our 5-year limited warranty.
Click here to learn about splitting your purchase up into 4 interest-free payments OR financing your order over up to 36 months.