Free-Standing Pergola Kit for 6x6 Wood Posts (Any Size Up to 24' x 12') - With Traditional Roof Rafters (Longways) + Privacy Wall (Far Spacing)
About this Pergola Kit Configuration:
- Type: Free-standing (see the attached version of this kit)
- Bracket size: 6x6 (see the smaller 4x4 version of this kit)
- Dimensions: Up to 12' wide x 24' deep (see the inverse up to 24' wide x 12' deep version of this kit)
- Roof style: Traditional w/ rafters atop beams (see this same kit with an inline, square posts or angled slats roof)
- Privacy wall(s): 1 (see this same kit with 0 or 2 privacy walls)
- Roof/wall slat spacing: Far (see this same kit with medium or close spacing)
Want something completely different? Use our easy design tool to create your own pergola configuration.
Included in this Pergola not attached to house kit:
- 6x base brackets (for 6x6 wood)
- 4x 3-arm post brackets (for 6x6 wood)
- 2x 4-arm post brackets (for 6x6 wood)
- 15x 2x6 rafter brackets for 5 roof rafters (2x6 wood)
- 12x 2x6 insert brackets for 6 roof/wall slats (2x6 wood)
- Stainless steel screws (1.5-inch #10 self-tapping wood screws with pan/round head painted black) for securing wood into brackets
- NOTE: Wood (lumber) and anchoring hardware for securing the base brackets to a solid foundation are NOT included and will need to be purchased locally
This pergola kit will accommodate any stand-alone pergola not attached to house ranging from 13-24 feet by 4-12 feet. The pergola does not need to be the exact dimensions shown in the images on this page.
The kit includes 15 2x6 rafter brackets so you can add 5 traditional roof rafters that cover both roof sections and run longways (12' span with far slat spacing). If you would like to space the rafters closer together, you can purchase additional 2x6 rafter brackets here. If you're wanting this same pre-configured pergola not attached to house except with the roof rafters running the other direction (i.e. rotated 90 degrees), click here.
It also includes 16 2x6 insert brackets so you can add one privacy wall with 8 slats (8' height with medium spacing). If desired, you could reduce the number of slats on the privacy wall and use some of the insert brackets to add a side railing or another full/partial privacy wall. You can also purchase additional 2x6 insert brackets here.
Want a Smaller 4x4 Frame Instead?
Click here to see this same pre-configured kit for a pergola not attached to house but with smaller 4x4 wood posts and 2x4 roof and wall slats (instead of 6x6 wood posts and 2x6 roof and wall slats).
About Our Steel 6x6 Pergola Brackets:
- 12-gauge steel (approximately 2.6mm thick)
- Laser-cut, bent and welded
- Advanced weather coating technology to withstand extreme weather conditions
- Pre-drilled holes for securing wood and accessories to brackets
- Made for dressed lumber commonly called 6x6s (actual dimensions are 5.5" x 5.5")
- Includes stainless steel screws (1.5-inch #10 self-tapping wood screws with pan/round head painted black) for securing wood into brackets
- Reduces your pergola build time by as much as 75%
- Backed by our 5-year warranty
- Shipped directly to your doorstep from Boise, Idaho
Need help ordering?
What's Not Included?
Wood. Wood is a) very expensive to ship and b) readily available to most people at local home improvement and building supply stores. By buying your wood locally, you also have more options on the exact type of wood you'd like that is appropriate for your area's climate.
Anchoring Hardware. While this pergola kit does include stainless steel wood screws for securing 6x6" wood posts (and 2x6" wood slats) into the brackets, it does not include anchoring hardware for securing the base brackets into a secure base (i.e. cement pad, deck, landscape toppers, concrete footing, etc.). This is because the anchoring hardware you need will vary based on a) what type of material you're going into and b) local building codes.
Required Lumber & Estimated Total Cost
Assembling a Zen Pergola is quite easy (even for novices) and only requires basic tools. Following these simple instructions, it should only take 2-4 hours for you and a helper to assemble your pergola.
We stand behind our products! We will gladly replace any bracket that breaks, cracks, chips or corrodes within 5 years of purchase. Read more about our 5-year limited warranty.
Click here to learn about splitting your purchase up into 4 interest-free payments OR financing your order over up to 36 months.