Pergola Privacy Wall Kit for Angled 2x6 Slats
This privacy wall kit utilizes 2x6 insert brackets to insert a series of horizontal 2x6 slats between 2 posts and create a privacy wall (aka shade wall) on one side of the pergola. The brackets are installed at a 45-degree angle (or any other angle between 0 and 90 degrees) to block more evening sunlight and generate more shade inside the pergola. The angled slats can span the full height of the pergola or only a portion of it (i.e. only the top 4-6 feet).
Steel Pergola Bracket Features
- 14-gauge steel (approximately 2mm thick)
- Laser-cut, bent and welded
- Advanced weather coating technology to withstand extreme weather conditions
- Pre-drilled holes for securing wood and accessories to bracket
- Made for dressed lumber commonly called 2x6s (actual dimensions are 1.5” x 5.5”)
- Includes stainless steel screws (1.5-inch #10 self-tapping wood screws with pan/round head painted black) for securing wood into bracket
- Reduces your pergola build time by as much as 75%
- Backed by a 5-year warranty
- Shipped directly to your doorstep from Boise, Idaho
- NOTE: Wood (lumber) is NOT included in this kit and will need to be purchased locally
Height, Spacing & Brackets
The following table shows how many 2x6 insert brackets are included (together with stainless steel screws & black screw covers) based on the height (4, 6, 8 or 10 feet) and spacing option (far, medium or close spacing) you choose.
|Height¹||Spacing²||# of 2x6s||# of Brackets|
|4 feet||Far (10.625")||4
|4 feet||Medium (9.00")||5
|4 feet||Close (6.25")||7
|6 feet||Far (11.00")||6
|6 feet||Medium (8.625")||8
|6 feet||Close (6.75")||10
|8 feet||Far (11.25")||8
|8 feet||Medium (8.50")||11
|8 feet||Close (6.625")||14
|10 feet||Far (11.375")||10
|10 feet||Medium (9.00")||13
|10 feet||Close (6.875")||17
¹ Height is the distance from ground to the very top of the pergola's beams (including brackets).
² Spacing is approximate and denotes "on-center" spacing - i.e. the distance between the center point of one 2x6 to the center point of the next 2x6 (not the amount of space between the 2x6s).
Need help ordering?
Wood Not Included
Wood is a) very expensive to ship and b) readily available to most people at local home improvement and building supply stores. By buying your wood locally, you also have more options on the exact type of wood you'd like that is appropriate for your area's climate.
Fast, Free Shipping
All pergola kits and add-ons (such as a privacy wall like this one) ship FREE to mainland USA from our warehouse in Boise, Idaho. Most orders arrive within 2-4 business days. See more shipping information here.
Adding a privacy wall to your pergola is quite easy (even for novices) and only requires basic tools. Following these simple instructions, it should only take an hour or so to add a privacy wall to your pergola.
We stand behind our products! We will gladly replace any bracket that breaks, cracks, chips or corrodes within 5 years of purchase. Read more about our 5-year limited warranty.
Click here to learn about splitting your purchase up into 4 interest-free payments OR financing your order over up to 36 months.