Pergola Side Railing Kit for Top & Bottom 6x6s with 4 to 12 Vertical Posts/Slats
This pergola side railing kit is comprised of a) two horizontal 6x6 posts across the top and bottom of the railing, plus b) 4-12 vertical slats/posts inserted between those horizontal 6x6s. The vertical wood can be either 2x6 slats (secured by 2x6 insert brackets) OR 6x6 posts (secured with 6x6 insert brackets). The top and bottom horizontal 6x6s are always secured with 6x6 insert brackets. Pergola railings are typically 36 inches tall (measured from the ground to the top of the upper 6x6 post).
Use the dropdown above to choose 1) the number of vertical slats/posts you want (4, 6, 8, 10 or 12), and 2) whether the vertical wood will be 2x6 slats or square 6x6s.
Steel Pergola Bracket Features
- 14-gauge steel (approximately 2mm thick)
- Laser-cut, bent and welded
- Advanced weather coating technology to withstand extreme weather conditions
- Pre-drilled holes for securing wood and accessories to bracket
- Made for dressed lumber commonly called 6x6s (actual dimensions are 5.5" x 5.5") and 2x6s (actual dimensions are 1.5” x 5.5”)
- Includes stainless steel screws (1.5-inch #10 self-tapping wood screws with pan/round head painted black) for securing wood into bracket
- Reduces your pergola build time by as much as 75%
- Backed by a 5-year warranty
- Shipped directly to your doorstep from Boise, Idaho
- NOTE: Wood (lumber) is NOT included in this kit and will need to be purchased locally
Need help ordering?
Wood Not Included
Wood is a) very expensive to ship and b) readily available to most people at local home improvement and building supply stores. By buying your wood locally, you also have more options on the exact type of wood you'd like that is appropriate for your area's climate.
Fast, Free Shipping
All pergola kits and add-ons (such as a side railing kit like this one) ship FREE to mainland USA from our warehouse in Boise, Idaho. Most orders arrive within 2-4 business days. See more shipping information here.
Adding a side railing to your pergola is quite easy (even for novices) and only requires basic tools. Following these simple instructions, it should only take an hour or so to add a side railing to your pergola.
We stand behind our products! We will gladly replace any bracket that breaks, cracks, chips or corrodes within 5 years of purchase. Read more about our 5-year limited warranty.
Click here to learn about splitting your purchase up into 4 interest-free payments OR financing your order over up to 36 months.