Free-Standing Pergola Kit for 4x4 Wood Posts (Any Size Up to 36' x 12') - With Angled Roof Slats (Far Spacing)
About this Pergola Kit Configuration:
- Type: Free-standing (see the attached version of this kit)
- Bracket size: 4x4 (see the larger 6x6 version of this kit)
- Roof style: Angled slats (see this same kit with an inline, traditional, or square posts roof)
- Privacy wall(s): None (see this same kit with 1, 2 or 3 privacy walls)
- Rafter spacing: Far (see this same kit with medium or close rafter spacing)
Want something completely different? Use our easy design tool to create your own pergola configuration.
Included in this Outdoor Pergola with Roof kit:
- 8x base brackets (for 4x4 wood)
- 4x 3-arm post brackets (for 4x4 wood)
- 4x 4-arm post brackets (for 4x4 wood)
- 72x 2x4 insert brackets for 36 roof/wall slats (2x4 wood)
- Stainless steel screws (1.5-inch #10 self-tapping wood screws with pan/round head painted black) for securing wood into brackets
- NOTE: Wood (lumber) and anchoring hardware for securing the base brackets to a solid foundation are NOT included and will need to be purchased locally
This outdoor pergola with roof kit will accommodate any stand-alone pergola ranging from 25-36 feet by 4-12 feet. The pergola does not need to be the exact dimensions shown in the images on this page.
The kit includes 72 2x4 insert brackets. While the intent is that all 72 of these brackets will be used to insert 12 angled 2x4 roof slats over each of the 3 roof sections (12' span each with far slat spacing), you can use the brackets any way you'd like (i.e. adding a privacy wall or half/partial wall, adding a side railing, increasing the number of slats in a roof/wall section, etc.). You can also purchase additional 2x4 insert brackets here.
Want a Larger 6x6 Frame?
Click here to see this same pre-configured outdoor pergola with roof kit but with larger 6x6 wood posts and 2x6 angled roof slats (instead of 4x4 wood posts and 2x4 roof slats).
About Our Steel 4x4 Pergola Brackets:
- 14-gauge steel (approximately 2mm thick)
- Laser-cut, bent and welded
- Advanced weather coating technology to withstand extreme weather conditions
- Pre-drilled holes for securing wood and accessories to brackets
- Made for dressed lumber commonly called 4x4s (actual dimensions are 3.5" x 3.5")
- Includes stainless steel screws (1.5-inch #10 self-tapping wood screws with pan/round head painted black) for securing wood into brackets
- Reduces your pergola build time by as much as 75%
- Backed by our 5-year warranty
- Shipped directly to your doorstep from Boise, Idaho
Need help ordering?
What's Not Included?
Wood. Wood is a) very expensive to ship and b) readily available to most people at local home improvement and building supply stores. By buying your wood locally, you also have more options on the exact type of wood you'd like that is appropriate for your area's climate.
Anchoring Hardware. While this pergola kit does include stainless steel wood screws for securing 4x4" wood posts (and 2x4" wood slats) into the brackets, it does not include anchoring hardware for securing the base brackets into a secure base (i.e. cement pad, deck, landscape toppers, concrete footing, etc.). This is because the anchoring hardware you need will vary based on a) what type of material you're going into and b) local building codes.
Required Lumber & Estimated Total Cost
Assembling a Zen Pergola is quite easy (even for novices) and only requires basic tools. Following these simple instructions, it should only take 2-4 hours for you and a helper to assemble your pergola.
We stand behind our products! We will gladly replace any bracket that breaks, cracks, chips or corrodes within 5 years of purchase. Read more about our 5-year limited warranty.
Click here to learn about splitting your purchase up into 4 interest-free payments OR financing your order over up to 36 months.