Insert Bracket (for 2x4 Wood Slats)
Insert brackets are used to insert wood slats (i.e. a 2x4) in between 2 existing wood posts such that the 2x4s are inline and "flush" with the posts. These brackets are extremely versatile and can be used in all of the following ways:
- Inline 2x4 roof rafter kit
- Angled 2x4 shade purlin roof kit
- Privacy walls (straight and angled)
- Side railings (various designs)
The brackets are open at the "top" (at whatever angle you choose to orient them) so the 2x4 wood slat can be inserted "from above" after you've secured the brackets to the existing posts. Thanks to the unique design of these insert brackets, you can orient the 2x4 slats at any angle you choose between -45 degrees and 45 degrees.
- 14-gauge steel (approximately 2 mm thick)
- Laser-cut, bent and welded
- Advanced weather coating technology to withstand extreme weather conditions
- Pre-drilled holes for securing wood and accessories to bracket
- Includes 1.5" pan (round) #12 self-tapping stainless steel wood screws (with accompanying hinged, black screw caps) for securing wood into bracket
- Backed by a 5-year warranty
Dimensions & Specifications
- Width: 1.75 inches (44.5 mm)
- Depth: 2.0 inches (51 mm)
- Height: 3.6 inches (90.5 mm)
- Inner dimensions of sleeve (open at top): 1.6 x 3.5 inches (41 x 88.5 mm) - made for 2x4 wood slats (which measure 1.5 x 3.5 inches)
- Holes on end plate (secured to post/beam): 2 (one on each end)
- Holes on one side wall: 1 (slightly offset from center)
- Holes on opposite side wall: 1 (slightly offset from center in the other direction)
- Hole size: 0.25 inch (6.35 mm) - ideal for #12 size screws (included)
- Weight: 0.5 pound
- Not included: wood posts
Looking for a Complete Kit?
Need help ordering?
What's Not Included?
Wood. Wood is a) very expensive to ship and b) readily available to most people at local home improvement and building supply stores. By buying your wood locally, you also have more options on the exact type of wood you'd like that is appropriate for your area's climate.
Anchoring Hardware. While this pergola kit does include stainless steel wood screws for securing 4x4" wood posts into the brackets, it does not include anchoring hardware for securing the base brackets into a secure base (i.e. cement pad, deck, landscape toppers, concrete footing, etc.) or into your home/other structure. This is because the anchoring hardware you need will vary based on a) what type of material you're going into and b) local building codes.
Fast, Free Shipping
All pergola kits, add-on kits & even individual brackets ship FREE to mainland USA from our warehouse in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Most orders arrive within 2-4 business days. See more shipping information here.
Assembling a Zen Pergola is quite easy (even for novices) and only requires basic tools. Following these simple instructions, it should only take 1-2 hours for you and a helper or two to assemble your pergola.
We stand behind our products! We will gladly replace any bracket that breaks, cracks, chips or corrodes within 5 years of purchase. Read more about our 5-year limited warranty.
Click here to learn about splitting your purchase up into 4 interest-free payments OR financing your order over up to 36 months.