Rafter Bracket (for 2x4 Wood Slats)
Rafter brackets are used to create a traditional-style roof on top of the pergola beams (adding an upper 2nd layer to the pergola roof). The rafters inserted into and secured to these rafter brackets typically (but don't necessarily have to) extend 6-12 inches beyond the beams to create overhangs. Rafter brackets can be used with both free-standing pergolas and attached pergolas. You can purchase a complete roof kit using these rafter brackets here.
- 14-gauge steel (approximately 2 mm thick)
- Laser-cut, bent and welded
- Advanced weather coating technology to withstand extreme weather conditions
- Pre-drilled holes for securing wood and accessories to bracket
- Includes 1.5" pan (round) #12 self-tapping stainless steel wood screws (with accompanying hinged, black screw caps) for securing wood into bracket
- Backed by a 5-year limited warranty
Dimensions & Specifications
- Width: 1.75 inches (44.5 mm)
- Depth: 3.5 inches (88.5 mm)
- Height: 3.6 inches (90.5 mm)
- Inner dimensions of sleeve (open at top): 1.6 x 3.5 inches (41 x 88.5 mm) - made for 2x4 wood slats (which measure 1.5 x 3.5 inches)
- Holes on bottom plate (secured to beam): 2 (one on each end)
- Holes on one side wall: 4 (2x2 grid)
- Holes on opposite side wall: 0
- Hole size: 0.25 inch (6.35 mm) - ideal for #12 size screws (included)
- Weight: 1.0 pound
- Not included: wood posts
Looking for a Complete Roof Kit?
Save time and money by purchasing a complete roof kit.