Up to 12' x 12' Free-Standing Pergola Kit for 4x4 Wood Posts - Includes 2x4 Roof Rafters (Close Spacing)
Included in this Free-Standing Pergola Kit with 2x4 Roof Rafters:
- 4x base brackets (for 4x4" wood)
- 4x 3-arm post brackets (for 4x4" wood)
- 22x 2x4 insert brackets (for 2x4" wood)
- 1.5" pan (round) #12 self-tapping stainless steel wood screws (with accompanying hinged, black screw caps) for securing wood into brackets
- Complimentary 1-inch and 6-inch drill bits
- Note: Wood (lumber) and specialty hardware for anchoring the base brackets to a secure base are not included
This pergola kit will accommodate any stand-alone pergola ranging from 4-12 feet by 4-12 feet. The pergola does not need to be the exact dimensions shown in the images on this page. Wood (lumber) not included.
The kit includes 22 2x4 insert brackets. While the intent is that all 22 of these brackets be used to add 11 roof rafters to your pergola (12' span with close spacing), you can use the brackets any way you'd like (i.e. adding a(nother) privacy wall or half/partial wall, adding a side railing, increasing the number of slats in a roof/wall section, etc.). You can also purchase additional 2x4 insert brackets here.
Want a Larger 6x6 Frame?
Click here to see this same pre-configured pergola kit but with larger 6x6" wood posts and 2x6" roof rafters (instead of 4x4" wood posts and 2x4" roof rafters).
About Our Steel Brackets:
- 14-gauge steel (approximately 2mm thick)
- Laser-cut, bent and welded
- Advanced weather coating technology to withstand extreme weather conditions
- Pre-drilled holes for securing wood and accessories to brackets
- Includes 1.5" pan (round) #12 self-tapping stainless steel wood screws (with accompanying hinged black screw caps) for securing wood into brackets
- Backed by our 5-year warranty
- Shipped directly to your doorstep from Chattanooga, Tennessee
Need help ordering?
What's Not Included?
Wood. Wood is a) very expensive to ship and b) readily available to most people at local home improvement and building supply stores. By buying your wood locally, you also have more options on the exact type of wood you'd like that is appropriate for your area's climate.
Anchoring Hardware. While this pergola kit does include stainless steel wood screws for securing 4x4" wood posts (and 2x4" wood slats) into the brackets, it does not include anchoring hardware for securing the base brackets into a secure base (i.e. cement pad, deck, landscape toppers, concrete footing, etc.). This is because the anchoring hardware you need will vary based on a) what type of material you're going into and b) local building codes.
Assembling a Zen Pergola is quite easy (even for novices) and only requires basic tools. Following these simple instructions, it should only take 1-2 hours for you and a helper or two to assemble your pergola.
We stand behind our products! We will gladly replace any bracket that breaks, cracks, chips or corrodes within 5 years of purchase. Read more about our 5-year limited warranty.
Click here to learn about splitting your purchase up into 4 interest-free payments OR financing your order over up to 36 months.