Rafter Bracket (for 2x4 Wood Slats)
Rafter brackets are used to create a traditional-style roof on top of the pergola beams (adding an upper 2nd layer to the pergola roof). The rafters inserted into and secured to these rafter brackets typically (but don't necessarily have to) extend 6-12 inches beyond the beams to create overhangs. Rafter brackets can be used with both free-standing pergolas and attached pergolas. You can purchase a complete roof kit using these rafter brackets here.
- 14-gauge steel (approximately 2 mm thick)
- Laser-cut, bent and welded
- Advanced weather coating technology to withstand extreme weather conditions
- Pre-drilled holes for securing wood and accessories to bracket
- Includes stainless steel screws (1.5-inch #10 self-tapping wood screws with pan/round head painted black) for securing wood into bracket
- Backed by a 5-year warranty
- Shipped directly to your doorstep from Chattanooga, Tennessee
Dimensions & Specifications
- Width: 1.75 inches (44.5 mm)
- Depth: 3.5 inches (88.5 mm)
- Height: 3.6 inches (90.5 mm)
- Inner dimensions of sleeve (open at top): 1.6 x 3.5 inches (41 x 88.5 mm) - made for 2x4 wood slats (which measure 1.5 x 3.5 inches)
- Holes on bottom plate (secured to beam): 2 (one on each end)
- Holes on one side wall: 4 (2x2 grid)
- Holes on opposite side wall: 0
- Hole size: 0.25 inch (6.35 mm) - ideal for #12 size screws (included)
- Weight: 1.0 pound
- Not included: wood posts
Looking for a Complete Roof Kit?
Save time and money by purchasing a complete roof kit.
Shop all 4x4 (and 2x4) pergola brackets OR all 6x6 (and 2x6) pergola brackets now.
Need help ordering?
What's Not Included?
Wood. Wood is a) very expensive to ship and b) readily available to most people at local home improvement and building supply stores. By buying your wood locally, you also have more options on the exact type of wood you'd like that is appropriate for your area's climate.
Anchoring Hardware. While this pergola kit does include stainless steel wood screws for securing 4x4" wood posts into the brackets, it does not include anchoring hardware for securing the base brackets into a secure base (i.e. cement pad, deck, landscape toppers, concrete footing, etc.) or into your home/other structure. This is because the anchoring hardware you need will vary based on a) what type of material you're going into and b) local building codes.
Save by Buying a Full Pergola Kit
Save time and money by purchasing a full free-standing pergola kit or attached pergola kit instead of individual brackets.
After adding a pergola kit to your cart, you'll also be shown several add-on kits for roofs/rafters, privacy walls, side railings & more.
Fast, Free Shipping
All pergola kits, add-on kits & even individual brackets ship FREE to mainland USA from our warehouse in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Most orders arrive within 2-4 business days. See more shipping information here.
Assembling a Zen Pergola is quite easy (even for novices) and only requires basic tools. Following these simple instructions, it should only take 1-2 hours for you and a helper or two to assemble your pergola.
We stand behind our products! We will gladly replace any bracket that breaks, cracks, chips or corrodes within 5 years of purchase. Read more about our 5-year limited warranty.
Click here to learn about splitting your purchase up into 4 interest-free payments OR financing your order over up to 36 months.