5-Arm Post Bracket (for 6x6 Wood Posts)
5-arm post brackets are only used when both the width and depth of the pergola exceed 12 feet (and therefore both the width and depth sides are divided into 2 sections, with a post in the middle of each). The 5-arm bracket goes in the middle of both free-standing and attached pergola kits.
6x6 Pergola Bracket Features
- 12-gauge steel (approximately 2.6mm thick)
- Made for dressed lumber commonly called 6x6s (actual dimensions are 5.5” x 5.5”)
- Laser-cut, bent and welded
- Advanced weather coating technology to withstand extreme weather conditions
- Pre-drilled holes for securing wood and accessories to bracket
- Includes stainless steel screws (1.5-inch #10 self-tapping wood screws with pan/round head painted black) for securing wood into bracket
- Reduces your pergola build time by as much as 75%
- Backed by a 5-year warranty
Dimensions & Specifications
- Width: 17.5 inches (444 mm)
- Depth: 17.5 inches (444 mm)
- Height: 11.65 inches (296 mm)
- Number of arms: 5 (1 vertical + 4 horizontal)
- Inner dimensions of each arm: 5.6 x 5.6 inches (143 x 143 mm) - made for 6x6 wood posts (which measure 5.5 x 5.5 inches)
- Holes on vertical arm (to ground): 8 (2 holes on all 4 sides)
- Holes on each of the 4 horizontal arms (for beams): 10 (2 holes on the side facing down + 4 holes on each of the 2 sides, no holes on the top side)
- Hole size: 0.25 inch (6.35 mm) - ideal for #12 size screws (included)
- Weight: 20.0 pounds
- Not included: wood posts
Looking for a Full Pergola Kit?
Save time and money by purchasing a full free-standing or attached pergola kit.
Shop all 6x6 (and 2x6) pergola brackets OR all 4x4 (and 2x4) pergola brackets now.
Need help ordering?
What's Not Included?
Wood. Wood is a) very expensive to ship and b) readily available to most people at local home improvement and building supply stores. By buying your wood locally, you also have more options on the exact type of wood you'd like that is appropriate for your area's climate.
Anchoring Hardware. While this pergola kit does include stainless steel wood screws for securing 4x4" wood posts into the brackets, it does not include anchoring hardware for securing the base brackets into a secure base (i.e. cement pad, deck, landscape toppers, concrete footing, etc.) or into your home/other structure. This is because the anchoring hardware you need will vary based on a) what type of material you're going into and b) local building codes.
Save by Buying a Full Pergola Kit
Save time and money by purchasing a full free-standing pergola kit or attached pergola kit instead of individual brackets.
After adding a pergola kit to your cart, you'll also be shown several add-on kits for roofs/rafters, privacy walls, side railings & more.
Fast, Free Shipping
All pergola kits, add-on kits & even individual brackets ship FREE to mainland USA from our warehouse in Boise, Idaho. Most orders arrive within 2-4 business days. See more shipping information here.
Assembling a Zen Pergola is quite easy (even for novices) and only requires basic tools. Following these simple instructions, it should only take a couple hours for you and a helper to assemble your pergola.
We stand behind our products! We will gladly replace any bracket that breaks, cracks, chips or corrodes within 5 years of purchase. Read more about our 5-year limited warranty.
Click here to learn about splitting your purchase up into 4 interest-free payments OR financing your order over up to 36 months.