Inline Rafters Pergola Roof Kit (for 4x4 Wood Posts)
This pergola roof kit utilizes 4x4 insert brackets so you can insert a series of 4x4s between the 4x4 beams on either side of the pergola. The brackets are open at the top so the 4x4s can be inserted from above after you've secured the brackets to the existing beams. The end result is a series of roof rafters that are inline and "flush" with the beams.
4x4 Pergola Bracket Features
- 14-gauge steel (approximately 2mm thick)
- Laser-cut, bent and welded
- Advanced weather coating technology to withstand extreme weather conditions
- Pre-drilled holes for securing wood and accessories to bracket
- Made for dressed lumber commonly called 4x4s (actual dimensions are 3.5” x 3.5”)
- Includes stainless steel screws (1.5-inch #10 self-tapping wood screws with pan/round head painted black) for securing wood into bracket
- Reduces your pergola build time by as much as 75%
- Backed by a 5-year warranty
- Shipped directly to your doorstep from Boise, Idaho
- NOTE: Wood (lumber) is NOT included in this kit and will need to be purchased locally
Span, Spacing & Brackets
The following table shows how many 4x4 insert brackets are included (together with stainless steel screws & black screw covers) based on the span (4, 6, 8, 10 or 12 feet) and spacing option (far, medium or close spacing) you choose.
|Span¹||Spacing²||# of 4x4s||# of Brackets|
|4 feet||Far (26.0")||1||2|
|4 feet||Medium (17.0")||2||4|
|4 feet||Close (13.0")||3||6|
|6 feet||Far (24.0")||2||4|
|6 feet||Medium (19.0")||3||6|
|6 feet||Close (15.0")||4||8|
|8 feet||Far (33.0")||2||4|
|8 feet||Medium (20.0")||4||8|
|8 feet||Close (14.0")||6||12|
|10 feet||Far (31.0")||3||6|
|10 feet||Medium (20.5")||5||10|
|10 feet||Close (15.5")||7||14|
|12 feet||Far (29.5")||4||8|
|12 feet||Medium (21.0")||6||12|
|12 feet||Close (15.0")||9||18|
¹ Span is the distance from outside edge to outside edge (including brackets) of the side of the pergola where the roof brackets will be attached.
² Spacing is approximate and denotes "on-center" spacing - i.e. the distance between the center point of one 4x4 to the center point of the next 4x4 (not the amount of space between the 4x4s).
Other Roof Kits for Pergolas with a 4x4 Frame
2x4 inline rafters roof kit - 2x4 slats (rather than 4x4 posts) are inserted between the beams (inline)
Traditional roof rafters kit - 2x4 roof rafters are attached above the beams (rather than inline with the beams) and can extend beyond the end of the beams to create overhangs
- Angled shade purlins roof kit - 2x4 slats are inserted between the beams (inline) but are installed at a 45-degree angle (or another angle) to maximize shade
Need help ordering?
Wood Not Included
Wood is a) very expensive to ship and b) readily available to most people at local home improvement and building supply stores. By buying your wood locally, you also have more options on the exact type of wood you'd like that is appropriate for your area's climate.
Fast, Free Shipping
All pergola kits and add-ons (such as a roof kit like this one) ship FREE to mainland USA from our warehouse in Boise, Idaho. Most orders arrive within 2-4 business days. See more shipping information here.
Adding a roof to your pergola is quite easy (even for novices) and only requires basic tools. Following these simple instructions, it should only take an hour or so to add a roof to your pergola.
We stand behind our products! We will gladly replace any bracket that breaks, cracks, chips or corrodes within 5 years of purchase. Read more about our 5-year limited warranty.
Click here to learn about splitting your purchase up into 4 interest-free payments OR financing your order over up to 36 months.